Friday, June 19, 2009

Two Green Smoothies of the week!

I know I haven't posted ANYTHING on here in a long time, but to be honest, I just haven't been making anything unique lately. But I'm going back on green smoothies (thanks to my discount and easy access to inexpensive produce provided by my new job at Trader Joe's!), and these are the two I'm drinking this week:

*These measurements are approximate, as I pretty much just eyeball it. Each recipe serves 1 (if using a large glass) or two (if using two small glasses)

Tropical
-Two large handfulls of Spinach (fills about 1/3 the bottom of the blender)
-1/2 cup frozen mango
-1/2 cup frozen pineapple
-1 ripe banana
-1/2 container (3 oz) peach (or other) flavored soy yogurt (optional)
-water (just enough to get it blending, usually to the 1 cup line on the blender. Add more as needed to get it to blend smooth)

BLEND and enjoy!

Berry
-Two large handfulls of Spinach
-1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (cherries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries)
-1/2 cup frozen strawberries
-1 ripe banana
-1/2 container (3 oz) berry (or other) flavored soy yogurt (optional)
-water (see above for measurement)

BLEND!!!

My stomach is growling now! Time for curry and brown rice for dinner!

1 comment: