Saturday, October 4, 2014

Kimchee and Pork Quesadilla

Originally Posted 5/17/14 at www.TessAndTigerlily.com

I made a delicious discovery a few weeks ago: Marination, an amazingly delicious Hawaiian Asian fusion restaurant! I've been twice, and both times had the same thing; kimchee quesadilla with Kalua pork. It was so good, I haven't wanted to try anything else there! I was perfectly happy driving down to Alki beach for a tasty lunch, but I felt compelled to make it at home. And I DID! The results: perfect!

Kimchee and Pork Quesadilla 
Inspired by Marination

You'll need:
Pork shoulder
Shredded cheese (I used mexican blend)
Kimchee
Sriracha sauce
Sour cream
Tortillas
Cilantro

First you'll need to cook your pork. I chose a smaller cut of pork shoulder, covered it in salt and pepper, and then cooked it in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours. When done, it is soft enough to shred with a fork. Delicious!

Next, take a tortilla, and top with shredded cheese, your cooked shredded pork, kimchee, and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
Top with another tortilla, warm until cheese is melted. I chose to warm in the microwave until mostly melted, and then grilled it on the stove in a lightly oiled pan, until fully heated, and lightly crispy on both sides.
Next, in a small bowl, mix some sour scream with sriracha sauce to taste, depending on your spicy preference. Cut your quesadilla into wedges, cover with your sriracha sour cream (if you want to get fancy, put sauce into a plastic sandwich bag, cut the tip off one corner, and drizzle it on) and then garnish with chopped cilantro.
Yum!!!
I dare you not to eat it everyday for a whole week.

No comments:

Post a Comment