Saturday, October 4, 2014

Gluten Free Dairy Free- one month update

Originally posted 4/20/2012 at www.TessAndTigerlily.com
 
It will be a week tomorrow since I've been on the Gluten Free Dairy Free elimination diet. While I didn't see too many improvements in November's skin condition early on, I have to say that her skin looks much improved over the past couple weeks! We don't get a professional (pediatrician's) opinion until next Tuesday, but I have a feeling she's going to tell me to keep on with what I'm doing. This will probably be my last weekly update; I think I will post monthly from now on, since I'm really getting the hang of this diet and don't have a ton of new meal ideas to post the farther along I go. But here's what I can share from this past week...

I've been eating much of the same as I've already mentioned in week one, week two, and weeks three/four. Here are some new meals we've enjoyed! You'll see a lot of repeat ingredients throughout; I've been trying to take advantage of leftovers!

Breakfast:
-I've been getting pretty bored of my daily bowl of gf cereal and soy milk. Today I switched it up with Udi's gf whole grain bread (which I have decided is the WINNER and by far my FAVORITE gf bread, along with their hamburger buns) topped with Earth Balance vegan butter and strawberry preserves along with a bowl of fresh strawberries.

Lunch:
-My favorite work lunch has been Trader Joe's handmade corn tortillas filled with hummus and Emerald City salad from the PCC deli.
-Sandwich with Udi's bread, cilantro mayo, salami, Mama Lil's spicy peppers, and pickles
-Udi's burger bun with cilantro mayo, sliced pepperoni, avocado, and Mama Lil's peppers

Dinner:
-Wheatless in Seattle pizza crust with fresh homemade pesto (basil, olive oil, garlic, salt, pine nuts), sliced pepperoni, and Mama Lil's peppers
-Portobello Mushroom 'Pizza' (Portobello mushrooms gill-side up, covered in your favorite pizza toppings, and broiled. We topped ours with vegan cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes, and caramelized onions.)
-Shrimp tacos
-Big green salad with sliced salami, garbanzo beans, hard boiled egg, canned artichoke hearts, basil, and balsamic vinaigrette
-Udi's burger buns with homemade beef burger patty's, cilantro mayo, caramelized onions, and avocado
-Spencer made gf fried chicken (with Namaste gf flour) with grits!

Dessert:
-Glutino gf chocolate cookie creme sandwiches! So good...better than oreos!

What a yummy week! Hopefully I'll do some baking in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment